Deck Building & Design
Adding a gorgeous deck onto your Sydney house can transform a dull backyard into a gorgeous, functional outdoor area to share with family and friends. Using a timber deck can also enhance your property value since it raises the outdoor living area of your dwelling. As a top decking Sydney builder and home renovation company, The Pergolas Sydney Authority company provides quality workmanship on deck construction, construction, and repairs. View our what our previous customers say here . To schedule a consultation, contact us at Phone:(02) 8080 4340
Claim Your Free Quote!
Schedule your Complimentary On-site Consultation
click here —> Decking FREE Measure & Quote
Contact Sam Hwaylo
Sam is fully qualified and specialises in home additions and has many years of experience in the construction of pergolas, decks, patios and awnings.
Deck Building Questions
Q: My family and I’m looking for deck builders in Sydney South who can make a custom-built deck to the backyard of our dwelling.
We can partner with you to design a gorgeous new deck for your residence.
Q: I am looking for a deck builder in St George South Sydney who also offers repairs. Does your company offer repairs?
A: Yes, builds and repairs.
Q: Being a professional, local builder, what’s your opinion of the benefits of a composite deck?
A: Composite deck is very durable, since it is a mixture of plastic and timber products. You can have the real-wood appearance with no rotting or splintering, and we have a number of unique colors and textures to select from. Composite decking is the ideal choice to use for a terrace or around a pool.
Q: Once I decide what style and type of decking I want, how long is it before building can start?
A: We strive to maintain our start dates for deck-building jobs. Once we know when you are ready for us to start constructing the deck, we’ll do our very best to begin our job in a convenient time.
Q: During the construction process, how often do your builders communicate with the client?
A: Our team will normally communicate with each client daily. We want to be sure the homeowner knows what the simple construction plans are and what’s happening from day to day.
Q: I see your company is located in St George South Sydney. What areas of Sydney do you service?
A: We will build decks and do other home construction work throughout St George , South Sydney further. Some of the areas we cover include Inner West Sydney, The Sutherland Shire, Eastern Suburbs, and more.
Q: How often do your builders clean the job site when working on a deck job?
A: We pride ourselves on maintaining a clean work place, so the work site is cleaned at the end of every day.
Q: How much does it cost to have your company assist us with building and planning a deck?
A: There is a large range in costs, depending on one’s budget and on which sort of deck a client is searching for. You may expect to pay as little as $990 for a small, basic deck, and costs can go as high as $20,000 or more for bigger projects. It really just depends on what the client is seeking.
Decking Sydney Decks & Pergolas Sydney Authority
https://www.pergolassydneyauthority.com/decking/ Quality Timber Deck Builders in Sydney NSW. Call us for expert Deck Installers! Quality custom decks for your home ***(02) 8080 4340***
Expert Timber Decking Advice
The Pergolas Sydney Authority extremely knowledgeable team has over 20 years of shared timber decking experience between them. We can advise on the different characteristics of every wood to make sure you get the correct type to suit the decking or pergola you want to create and may help with your project by answering any questions, including the proper quantity of wood for your project and offering helpful expert advice.
8 Reasons a Pergola is Perfect for Your Deck
- Pergolas add privacy to your deck design A pergola adds privacy to your deck design without shutting you off from the rest of the world. In case you want more privacy consider adding a trellis to your pergola.
- A pergola can add shade to you deck A pergola works the same way as a tree, adding just the proper amount of shade; Perfect for all those hot summer days.
- With a pergola, you can add a dining area to your deck design Since a pergola keeps you cool, it a perfect place for spending time with friends and family. Pergolas usually are tall enough that you could place a table comfortably and have a sitting area for your guests. Great for parties and dining!
- Have a movie night.Whether you decide to watch on your laptop, or rig up a sheet as well as a projector, decks are the perfect place for movie nights. Combine the fun of a drive in with the comfort of a night in, and save the pleasure of sitting in your car for hours at a time for your daily commute.
- Have a dance party. All you have to do is hook up a speaker, bust out your favorite albums, and then dance the night away with friends. In the comfort of your own backyard, you can feel free to be yourself, and dance your heart out. It’s a good approach to get some exercise and blow off a little steam.
- Adding square footage Building a deck onto your house is the least expensive solution to expand your living space without putting on a brand new addition. Especially in climates which are warm year round, your deck can be a place wherever your family eats, relaxes, even exercises. There’s always the choice to enclose it into a four season room or a sunroom later on, as doing so will also increase the value of your home.
- A Vacation in your own backyard By customizing your deck and using the materials and accessories you like, you can step right outside your backdoor and be in your own little paradise. Putting your favorite types of plants, a fountain, lighting, and comfortable furniture will help you escape those hectic days and allow you a bit of time to relax and enjoy the summer air. A great method to unwind with no hassle and expense of needing to pack up and go somewhere!
- Entertaining the family Decks are absolutely wonderful for having backyard barbecues and summer time birthday parties! With some lawn chairs, a stereo, a grill as well as your friends and family. A deck is able to make your house the place to be. There’s something about sitting out on a deck, whether to catch some sun and just relax or to eat and laugh together that just makes people especially happy. Building a deck onto your home can make certain you help create those memories for your family and neighbors for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to build a 20×20 deck?
The average home owner in Sydney spends $4,200 to create a 20×20 foot deck, $8,160 to create a 14×20 deck, and $16,800 to create a 20×20 deck.
How much does it cost per square metre to build a deck?
$200 per square metre for treated pine decking. $320+ per square metre for hardwood timber decking. $350+ per square metre for composite deckingmposite is about $25 per square foot, for both installation and materials. The final cost depends upon the materials used, size, amount built on, and any additional alternatives. Get free quotes from deck builders near you.
How long do composite decks last?
Conventional wood decks have a life span of 10 to 15 years in Australia. Since composite decking is weather, insect, and rot resistant, which makes it last for 25 to 30 years or longer.
Which timber is best for decking?
Hardwoods are an excellent alternative for Australian decks – they are extremely durable, highly resilient and can look, feel and even smell good. Popular hardwoods include Jarrah, Spotted Gum and Merbau, that’s the most frequent wood decking in Australia.
How thick is timber decking?
Timber decking boards thickness – 19mm (135mm CommercialDecking is 32mm thick). Board widths: 64mm, 86mm, 130mm, 135mm. Note: The availability of a species is state specific and not all species can be found in all sizes and shapes.
What is the best oil for decking?
Decking oil is naturally pigmented so it is going to improve the colour of wood slightly. You may even select mild colours to accentuate the color in wood species like Merbau and Jarrah. If your deck is made of hardwood, we recommend using an oil as your bestalternative.
Is it better to oil or stain decking?
Stains are made to change the color of wood, but by themselves don’t protect the wood from the damaging effects of sunlight or rain. … Decking oils are formulated to penetrate timber, bind timber fibres together and provide a weather-resistant shield against the elements